5/02/2016

Do You Support Teaching Cursive in School?

This topic I have discovered is very controversial. Many schools in states have decided to remove handwriting from their curriculum because of technology. (41 out of 50) Before you make up your mind on where you stand on this issue, you may want to listen to this TED talk from Jake Weidmann that has totally inspired me as I listened. Never knew someone could become a Master Penman, but I applaud his talent or might I say, God given gift! Love how he has used it to the glory of God too. This is the article that I came across this morning while working: "Quickly Improve Your Handwriting with These Fantastic Resources". I found it on the makeuseof website under the category, SELF IMPROVEMENT. I think it is worth the time to read and consider your own stance on handwriting. I can attest to the fact that I (and many others) have to write things down, if you want to recall them. It is a tool for memorization even though I don't know all the facts surrounding this, I have been doing it for years. In fact, it is how I managed to graduate from college and acquire my Master's degree also. Don't know about you, but getting a handwritten note trumps an email, enote or ecard in my opinion. It means more to know someone took the time to write their message to you. Don't you agree? Check out some of Jake Weidmann's works. He has a great story to tell on how a tragic event led him to write and draw. He is such an inspiration to others, you can check his work on his website. See how he works in pen, drawing, and wood to create some amazing art pieces. His wood work allows him to create his own pens! My favorite drawing is the one he drew of Christ in one stroke! He has won me over and deserves to be called 1 in 11 master penmans! Kudos to you Jake!

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer. A man who works with his head is a craftsman. A man who works with his hand, his head and his heart is an artist.”


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged.